I’ll use this page to keep track of campaign promises I make in my 2020 campaign to be the United States Representative in the U.S. House of Representatives for Florida’s 6th Congressional district (Daytona Beach, Palm Coast, Deltona; all of Volusia & Flagler counties; southern part of St. Johns and north-eastern part of Lake).
- I will open a district office for constituent services in mid-town Daytona Beach.
- I will co-sponsor Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s resolution on the Green New Deal (H.Res.109) when it is re-introduced in the 117th Congress.
- I will co-sponsor Pramila Jayapal’s bill on Medicare for All (H.R.1384) when it is re-introduced in the 117th Congress.
- I will co-sponsor Tulsi Gabbard’s resolution (H.Res.897) when it is re-introduced in the 117th Congress, or re-introduce it myself, to temporarily provide a $1,000 universal basic income to all American adults (same as Andrew Yang’s freedom dividend) for the duration of the COVID-19 coronavirus national emergency, if it is still ongoing in 2021.
- In addition, I agree to the UBI Caucus pledge, but will introduce it or co-sponsor it separately from the COVID-19 resolution as it is less likely to pass. The pledge is as follows: “If elected, I pledge to introduce legislation that can be passed by the House, Senate and signed into law by the President in the first quarter of 2021 that transparently funds and guarantees a Universal Basic Income (UBI) for the citizens of the United States of America, at a rate which covers basic human needs in an effort to eliminate poverty, while building a robust national economy.”
- I will introduce or co-sponsor legislation to waive all interest charges on outstanding federal student loans.
- I support a nationwide prohibition on fracking and the speedy closing of existing fracking wells, and will co-sponsor the Ban Fracking Act put forth by Sen. Bernie Sanders in the U.S. Senate and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez in the U.S. House of Representatives when it is re-introduced in the 117th Congress.
Last updated March 30, 2020: Added Ban Fracking Act. Soon, I will go back through all of my past statements to include other campaign promises here.